[Milton-L] Memorial Service for Marshall Grossman

Margaret Vasileiou mrvasileiou at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:09:13 EDT 2011

The Department of English at the University of Maryland is hosting a
memorial service for Marshall Grossman on  April 26. For specific
information about the service, please see Kent Cartwright's
announcement below.

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

The Department of English at the University of Maryland will hold a
memorial service for our esteemed colleague, Professor Marshall
Grossman, on Tuesday, April 26, from 4-5 p.m. at the gallery of the
David Driskell Center in the Cole Student Activities Building (for
directions to the Driskell Center, please go to:
<http://www.driskellcenter.umd.edu/visitors/index.php>) on the
University campus.  This service is open not only to all members of
the University community but to all other colleagues, friends, former
students, and associates of Professor Grossman.

Because Marshall did not wish to have a religious observance, the
service will consist of recollections, reflections, and comments from
attendees about Marshall and the profound contribution that he made to
our work and to our lives.  Of course, anecdotes about Marshall's
legendary sense of humor would also be welcome.  Attendees will have
the opportunity to speak spontaneously about Marshall, but, if you
know that you would like to make comments, I would ask that you please
let us know in advance, so that we can compile an organized list of
speakers for the initial part of the program; you may respond to
Isabella Moulton at <imoulton at umd.edu>.

For a brief article about Marshall's passing away, you might visit
<http://www.english.umd.edu/news/2651>, where comments can also be
posted.

Kent

Kent Cartwright