[Milton-L] Memorial Service for Marshall Grossman

Margaret Rice mrice2 at umd.edu
Fri Apr 15 06:58:32 EDT 2011

The Department of English at the University of
Maryland is hosting a memorial service for Marshall
Grossman on April 26. For specific information about
the service, please see Kent Cartwright's
announcement below.

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

The Department of English at the University of
Maryland will hold a memorial service for our
esteemed colleague, Professor Marshall Grossman, on
Tuesday, April 26, from 4-5 p.m. at the gallery of
the David Driskell Center in the Cole Student
Activities Building (for directions to the Driskell
Center, please go to:
<http://www.driskellcenter.umd.edu/visitors/index.php>)
on the University campus. This service is open not
only to all members of the University community but
to all other colleagues, friends, former students,
and associates of Professor Grossman.

Because Marshall did not wish to have a religious
observance, the service will consist of
recollections, reflections, and comments from
attendees about Marshall and the profound
contribution that he made to our work and to our
lives. Of course, anecdotes about Marshall's
legendary sense of humor would also be welcome.
Attendees will have the opportunity to speak
spontaneously about Marshall, but, if you know that
you would like to make comments, I would ask that
you please let us know in advance, so that we can
compile an organized list of speakers for the
initial part of the program; you may respond to
Isabella Moulton at <imoulton at umd.edu>.

For a brief article about Marshall's passing away,
you might visit
<http://www.english.umd.edu/news/2651>, where
comments can also be posted.

Kent