[Milton-L] New Missal and Mass Language

Karra Shimabukuro khkshimabukuro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:26:56 EDT 2011

As a Catholic, I know this has been something our liturgical council is
going round and round about. People are resistant to change, no matter what
the change appears to be.
As a scholar, much as Jeffrey said, I find the changes in the Nicene Creed
to be some of the most interesting. Not just the vocabulary change but also
the fact that "We believe in..." is changing to "I believe in...". I find
this interesting as it appears to represent a large shift in how the members
of the church are supposed to relate to the church.
Given that these changes are supposed to be a return liturgically, while I
imagine Milton would have enjoyed the syntactical debate, I doubt he would
have been in favor of the Church returning to it's more old fashioned roots.

--
Karra Shimabukuro
B.F.A, M.S.Ed., M.A, NBCT