[Milton-L] RCPC11KJV-Milton List

Duran, Angelica A duran0 at purdue.edu
Mon Apr 11 14:26:09 EDT 2011

Dear scholars,

This list's automatic moderator sent me a bounceback advising me that my previous email is in a holding pattern because the attachment exceeds the limit.  So, in the meantime,I send this version, without the attachment but with hopes that the lovelier attachment does get approved. Of course, please do email me individually, if you plan on being so kind to print out the CFP for posting. Many thanks…

See below my signature the CFP for the Renaissance Comparative Prose Conference, a small and potent conference that Purdue has hosted since the 1980s.  Please forward this email to other relevant lists and individuals.

Adios,
Angelica Duran
Associate Professor, English and Comparative Literature
Director, Religious Studies
Purdue University
500 Oval Drive - Heavilon Hall
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
U.S.A.
(765) 496-3957
<duran0 at purdue.edu<mailto:duran0 at purdue.edu>>
<http://www.cla.purdue.edu/complit/directory/?personid=80>
<http://www.cla.purdue.edu/religious-studies/>

=================

Purdue Renaissance Comparative Prose Conference
Sept. 22-24, 2011

Featured events include
- Introductory remarks by Ronald Corthell, Dean, School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Purdue-Calumet; 1989-2011 Editor, Prose Studies
- Keynote by Scott Stevens, Director, D’Arcy McNickle Center for American Indian and Indigenous Studies, Chicago Newberry Library
- Performances of the Book of Ecclesiastes and the Book of Mark

We invite papers exploring any aspect of Renaissance prose, especially for the panelsthat will be dedicated to this year’s focus commemorating the 400-yearanniversary of the KJV: “The King James Bible, Across Borders, AcrossCenturies.” Submissions are encouraged from scholars investigating texts in languages other than English.

Please send 300-350 word abstracts by <jbenskin at purdue.edu<mailto:jbenskin at purdue.edu>>. Review of abstracts will begin June 15, 2011, with notifications sent by July 15, 2011.

Submissions for papers converted to articles for peer-review by the journal Prose Studies for a volume dedicated to RCPC 2011 and to chapters for a multi-author book in the works entitled The King James Bible, Across Centuries, Across Borders due by December 1, 2011.

For moreinformation please see the Purdue Comparative Literature “News and Events” webpage <http://www.cla.purdue.edu/complit/> or contact Joanna Benskin, <jbenskin at purdue.edu<mailto:jbenskin at purdue.edu>>.
and Comparative Literature Programs.