[Milton-L] Renaissance music--recs?

Mark DeLucas mkdelucas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 10:45:23 EDT 2011

Hyperion Records (hyperion.co.uk) has amassed a very impressive collection
of Renaissance-period choral music.  Its website allows you to sample every
single track of every single album.  Another lovely label is Spain's Glossa
(glossamusic.com).

I also highly recommend all things Hilliard Ensemble, the dreadful Jan
Garabek collaboration excepted.  As an introduction to Josquin Desprez and
Orlando Lassus, the Ensemble's "Motets and Chansons" and "Lassus" can't be
bettered.

Sincerely,
Mark DeLucas