[Milton-L] Renaissance music--recs?

Zackariah Long zclong at owu.edu
Sun Apr 3 10:19:04 EDT 2011

Hi, there, fellow Miltonists,

This is slightly tangential to the purpose of this list, but if pressed I
suppose I could say I was working on "At a Solemn Music" or was interested
in Milton's father:

Recently I have become interested in listening to Renaissance music and was
wondering if anyone had recommendations of nice places to start in the way
of CDs or boxed sets. I started where I am most comfortable, with
Shakespeare and Elizabethan music--of which there seems to be an abundance
of easily available collections--but would be interested in ranging further
abroad within the England or on the Continent. Any favorite sets or
sites/labels to check out?

With much appreciation,
Zack

--