[Milton-L] Nietzsche?

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 10:10:35 EDT 2010

No, Milton's Satan is more than willing to question the existence of
God to suit his own purposes; though he belies that questioning in his
self-talk, he certainly uses it strategically in his conversations
with other beings.  Point is that he uses language to create the world
that he wants to live in.  There was plenty for Nietzsche to work on,
especially once we consider that he didn't believe in the pagan gods
that he chose to write about any more than the Christian one.  It's
all equally mythology from his point of view, as he had already
thoroughly mythologized Christianity in his own thought.

Jim R