[Milton-L] Nietzsche?

Dario Rivarossa dario.rivarossa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 02:50:05 EDT 2010

>I'm surprised Nietzsche wasn't more interested in Milton's Satan

Well, I think that Nietzsche was not interested in Satan at all.
His favorite myth was Dionysus who, although he shared some features
with the Christian Satan, was basically a symbol of the energies of
Life. Milton's Satan is too angry to be the "dancing god" the German
philosopher was looking for.
Moreover, even if Satan fights against God, he nevertheless "believes"
in Him; that's a further aspect Nietzsche was not interested in.