[Milton-L] Nietzsche?

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 18:50:55 EDT 2010

To descend to a wikipedia-level answer, Klopstock wrote an epic poem on the subject of redemption titled Messias and had met the person who translated Milton into German.  Nietzsche's linking of the two seems sensible.  I'm surprised Nietzsche wasn't more interested in Milton's Satan, but it's possible the Romantics had already done his work for him.

James Rovira