[Milton-L] Nietzsche?

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 18:30:00 EDT 2010

Thanks, Joshua. I've incorporated your note into my blog entry on this topic:

http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/2010/07/halforism-146-friedrich-nietzsche-david.html

My interest in the question was sparked by a possible allusion to Milton in
Nietzsche:

[I]f you peer long into an abyss, the abyss peers back into you.
Beyond Good and Evil (Jenseits von Gut und Böse, 1886)

Into this wild Abyss the warie fiend
Stood on the brink of Hell and look'd a while . . .
[PL 2.917-8]

I'm speculating, of course, but anyone interested enough can read further on
this speculation at my blog entry linked to above.

Jeffery Hodges