[Milton-L] Correction: ignore previous email on "not know eating death."

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Wed Jul 21 23:13:23 EDT 2010

Which chapter in 1 Corinthians?

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037
Hattiesburg, MS  39406-0001
601 266-4319 ofc
601 266-5757 fax
From: milton-l-bounces at lists.richmond.edu [milton-l-bounces at lists.richmond.edu] On Behalf Of Harold Skulsky [hskulsky at smith.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:28 PM
To: John Milton Discussion List
Subject: [Milton-L] Correction: ignore previous email on "not know eating       death."

Reread 1 Corinthians 28-32. It's all there. (Too busy to enlarge.)

As for the grecism, we need to remember that the only kind of (eventual) audience M could be reasonably sure of was an audience that could spot one of those in a flash, and be counted on to take the hint.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Greek idiom with "know" is there for a reason, and a reason to do with a different (language-based) slant on what it is to know (or not know) something some kinds of things. (Again, too busy to enlarge.)