[Milton-L] Milton's artistry

Harold Skulsky hskulsky at smith.edu
Wed Jul 21 19:05:10 EDT 2010

Reread 1 Corinthians 28-32. It's all there. (Too busy to enlarge.)

As for the grecism, we need to remember that the only kind of (eventual) audience M could be reasonably sure of was an audience that could spot one of those in a flash, and be counted on to take the hint.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Greek idiom with "know" is there for a reason, and a reason to do with a different (language-based) slant on what it is to know (or not know) something some kinds of things. (Again, too busy to enlarge.)