[Milton-L] Not everybody likes Milton

Erick Ramalho ramalhoerick at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 27 09:17:47 EST 2010

However prone to endless subjectivism this topic may be,  it might also be one of no little
profit in discussing literary aesthetics. As for the latter, the following
article, thorough and remarkable I daresay, may be of interest (not directly on Milton though):

Williams,
Christopher. ‘Hume on the Tedium of Reading Spenser’. British Journal of
Aesthetics. Vol.46, No1, January, 2006.

Erick RamalhoCentre for Shakespearean Studies - Brazil