[Milton-L] "Avatar" reviewed by Milton

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:42:11 EST 2010

Seems like they wanted to tell a good story with compelling characters
too.  If they didn't, they wouldn't have.  I don't question you on the
point that most of the producers' energy was devoted to the techno
stuff, though, as films are usually all about visuals first.

Pretty interesting to hear all of this (indirectly) from someone who
was part of the production.

The visual elements are texts too, though, and reinforce the moral
judgments implied by plot and character.

Jim R