[Milton-L] "Avatar" reviewed by Milton

Tony Demarest tonydemarest at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:35:44 EST 2010

I am not suggesting a "moral judgment" is absent, what I meant was that expanding the frontier of 3D digital film-making was their major concern. My son has sent me articles from European newspapers that report on the increasing amount of angst and depression viewers of the film have experienced- seems they cannot readjust to the "real world" after being immersed in Pandora- inane, perhaps, but remember what happened after Spielberg's "Munich." Many who saw it wanted to turn it into documentable history, with warts, inaccuracies, and all. Cameron had written the script for Avatar over 15 years ago- wonder what Milton would have thought about the sheer cost and revenue emanating from the film, considering what he was paid for Paradise Lost.
Tony