[Milton-L] Re: orthodoxy / briefly on Dante

Dario Rivarossa dario.rivarossa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 02:25:58 EST 2010

>Ha...no, no question, it's sarcastic.

Absolutely not. The universal meaning of Dante's losing the path is what in
Italy you are taught in Lesson 1 at Literature.

>I don't think that we "discover new things" in Milton or in Dante
(...) those things were
there all along until we were able to "discover" them.

Agree. I dare add that even fossils are discovered because they somehow
"call" paleontologists: Come unearth us. The bits (or, monads) that build
the world are always the same ones, they "know" about one another.