[Milton-L] Symposium

Ng, Su Fang ngsf at ou.edu
Sun Jan 24 21:53:55 EST 2010

Dear colleagues,

I hope it is not inappropriate to advertise a symposium on early modern Anglo-Islamic contacts on the Milton list (as there has been some interest of late in Milton's relation to Islam).

I would like call your attention to a one-day symposium on "Seaborne Renaissance: Global Exchanges and Religion in Early Modernity" to be held at the Harry Ransom Center on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin on February 6, 2010 (a Saturday).  We will have a full day of interdisciplinary talks in the exciting area of early modern global studies and would be delighted if you could join us.

Further details can be found on the website of the UT Department of English:
http://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/english/conferences/current-conferences/seaborne-renaissance.php

We would also be very grateful if you would forward this announcement to any interested colleagues or students.  Thank you very much.

Best,
Su Fang Ng
ngsf at ou.edu
2009-10 Harrington Faculty Fellow, Department of English, University of Texas at Austin
Associate Professor, Department of English, University of Oklahoma, Norman