[Milton-L] Re: orthodoxy

Marlene Edelstein malkaruth2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 13:17:07 EST 2010

A brilliant suggestion, Dario, and, as you say, extremely fruitfull. It's often crossed my mind too that how a poet lives in those that come after him (or, indeed, her) is much more essential to their value than what they had read and thought they were doing - that's not the stuff of greatness. Why else should we love Milton rather than Blackmore? (And, as Touchstone says, the truest poetry is the most feigning - so what price orthodoxy?)

               cheerzM

believe everything, believe nothing