[Milton-L] Milton's Cosmos and Universe

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:05:10 EST 2010

Jeffery --

Doesn't the syntax require that the "embryon Atoms" be properties of the
"four Champions fierce" rather than the other way around?  I read the line
the following way:

Four fierce champions (hot, cold, moist, dry) bring to battle their embryon
atoms as they strive for mastery.

The implication seems to be, then, that there are hot, cold, moist, and dry
atoms, rather than individual atoms possessing all of these properties at
once.

Jim R

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Horace Jeffery Hodges