[Milton-L] Milton's Cosmos and Universe

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 23:34:54 EST 2010

I understand your point, Professor Skulsky, but wouldn't the term "cosmos" be more practical and consistent with traditional conceptions if it were to refer to the world encompassed by the primum mobile? But I confess to ignorance: Does Milton use "cosmos" to refer to everything from heaven to hell along with chaos?

Jeffery Hodges