[Milton-L] Milton's Cosmos and Universe

Dennis Danielson danielso at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Jan 18 23:53:27 EST 2010

Having myself toyed with the distinction that Jeffery mentions, I've
come to think of it as strained and unhelpful, though clearly we need
*some* distinction. In the "Astronomy" chapter of Stephen Dobranski's
forthcoming _Milton in Context_ (Cambridge UP), p. 220, I propose--while
admitting the dangers of anachronism, since the term is borrowed from
current Standard Model cosmology--that we might not find a better term
for the totality (encompassing Hell, Chaos, "this pendant world," etc.)
gestured toward in PL than Milton’s multiverse.

Respectfully,
Dennis D

--
Dennis Danielson