[Milton-L] John Shawcross

David Urban dvu2 at calvin.edu
Fri Jan 8 16:21:00 EST 2010

Thank you, Steve.

--David

>>> Steve Fallon <sfallon at nd.edu> 1/8/2010 3:53 PM >>>
Dear fellow Miltonists,

I've borrowed the news on John Shawcross below from the John Donne
Society's Forum.  We are all in John's debt one way or another, most
of us in many ways, and I am sure he would be heartened to hear from us.

Steve Fallon

Some of you may know that John Shawcross has been diagnosed with
cancer of the tongue, lungs, and tonsils.  He has had a very difficult
two months: he was diagnosed at the time when he was moving from his
house into a nice large apartment in a community which also has
supportive care. Understandably the dual stress of the move and this
sad diagnosis has been hard, but John has held up remarkably through
it all. He has the support of family and dear friends who have been
helping him through the practical complications of all of this as well
as emotionally. We are glad to see he still has his spirit, and he is
handling all of this with his usual dignity.

John is tired from all the treatments and weak from the weight-loss,
so is limiting phone-calls to those closest to him. But he welcomes
love and support through emails and especially cards. His email
address is elea48 at insightbb.com. His mailing address is The Lafayette
Apt 318, 690 Mason-Headly Rd, Lexington KY 40504