[Milton-L] Re prelaps seasons: when is a question a good one?

Michael Gillum mgillum at unca.edu
Fri Jan 8 15:35:14 EST 2010

Dario, This is not a "nod" by Milton. Satan is just playing dumb. He wants
her to restate the rules and perhaps notice the arbitrariness. It's
significant that she never mentions the reason for the prohibition, although
Adam has explained it and she approved of it as "just and right" (4.443).

Michael