[Milton-L] Milton's Prelapsarian Cosmos

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:05:32 EST 2010

Thanks much, Jeffery.  Yes, he's certainly being literal, and he is
presenting an image of a perfect, fixed universe.  This line from book four
throws some doubt on the sun remaining in the same constellation:

With thee conversing<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~milton/reading_room/pl/book_4/notes.shtml#conversing>
forget all time,
All seasons<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~milton/reading_room/pl/book_4/notes.shtml#seas>
 and thir change, all please alike. [ 640 ]

As I'd expect some mention that the seasons do not change if that was the
case.

Jim R