[Milton-L] Re: where's the comfort? and other matters Attn: RS

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 14:42:28 EST 2010

Sanford Blackburn didn't write (because Carter Kaplan did):

"I might observe here that the motion of all open and free discussion will invariably move thinking people to positions of ever greater compassion, transparency, honesty, acceptance and understanding."

This hasn't been my experience of "open and free discussion" on the internet . . . or were you speaking ironically? Discussions constantly get hijacked by trolls, flamers, dementors, and similarly mythological-sounding creatures whose intent seems one of destroying all possibility of communicative reason.

Not on the Milton List, of course . . .

Jeffery Hodges