[Milton-L] humble ode

Harold Skulsky hskulsky at smith.edu
Sat Dec 25 12:54:08 EST 2010

Many thanks for the Herbert ref., and Merry Christmas to you too, Jameela!

Cheers,
Harold

>>> Jameela Lares <Jameela.Lares at usm.edu> 12/25/2010 7:06 AM >>>
Further to Harold's answer to #3, George Herbert said in one of his Easter poems, "All music is but three parts vied and multiplied."

I don't now recall the argument in Steve Buhler's article about the "star-led wizards," but I remember being the the graduate seminar at UCLA some twenty-five years ago where he first got the idea.

I am up already, "while the Heav'n by the Suns team untrod, / Hath took no print of the approching light," and I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037