[Milton-L] My post for the day: Cultural Frames (...)

Dario Rivarossa dario.rivarossa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 01:58:42 EST 2010

>As far as this controversy, I'd say it began w/ your apple and arrow "flesh piercing."

Na?! really?! there was such an amount of posts in these past few
days, that I missed a lot of them, expecially at the beginning of all
that buzz, so I did not follow the origin of the controversy. I
thought it was all about the Terrance Card.
Anyway the "fleshy" interpretation of the apple was JUST a pun, a
joke. I clearly stated that the REAL reference was to Schiller's
Wilhelm Tell, and nobody commented about it --- why? If you deal with
"bare" culture, no response. You gotta insert some sexy detail in
order to have people notice it; then they complain, however.
I can add here that the Eve / Tell link had been already developed by
Salvador Dali, together with the Newtonian gravity: Sin --> Oedipus
--> Science.

>Dario, I've posted, as a payment in Miltonic wages for your efforts, a 1736 copy of Paolli Rossi's Paradiso Perduto

Many thanks! Will immediately have a glance at it!