[Milton-L] Milton outside the "profession"

Jeremiah Douglas jdcommonly at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 17:11:43 EST 2010

I am not fully persuaded that the recent increased activity of Milton-L is
the result of a culture clash--a misunderstanding between academics and
aficionados. I’ve seen similar outrage on strictly academic lists.

Nonetheless, Milton-L does appear to have a diverse subscription list. What
other poets can claim this kind of cross-cultural devotion?

I would guess, in the States, the list might include: Shakespeare,
Dickinson, and maybe Yeats or Frost? Ginsberg?

Do they (or other poets) have similar listservs?

Jeremiah