[Milton-L] NO posts per day (in certain circumstances)

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 16:25:06 EST 2010

a) Yes, Milton does get tiresome sometimes.  But more importantly, he was
informed, creative, and intelligent.  Do you seriously mean to make the
comparison implied here?

b) Yes, I agree that Milton properly handled issues related to anonymity.
 I'll be recommending that the Star Chamber go after the currently offending
party's publisher instead.  Imprisonment at least, with a hefty fine too.

c) I'll try to follow your good example, but only after adding --

d) How many of us have spent much time with actors?  I recall a new faculty
member in the theater department at a previous institution of mine tended to
be very dramatic too, especially in faculty meetings.  He would even Stand
Up and Enunciate while Pontificating during faculty meetings.  E v e r y t h
i n g was a serious matter of principle.  He settled down after a couple of
years, but you can imagine the impression he made at the time.  Well,
actually, you don't have to imagine it.

Jim R