[Milton-L] One post per day?

David Urban dvu2 at calvin.edu
Mon Dec 20 15:56:04 EST 2010

Carl (and everyone else),

1) I completely agree--so, in spite of what I wrote before, I'm agreeing with you right now on my SECOND post for the day.  (But I hardly ever post, so hopefully I'm still OK . . .)

2) Thank you, Gregory Machacek, for your astute and level-heading points.

3)  Harold Skulsky is absolutely correct when he reminds us that "Membership in Milton-L, when all is said and done, is a privilege and not a right."  Having said that, I hope that we will all be self-regulating in the ways that Louis and Gregory have suggested, and only resort to formal exclusion in extreme circumstances.  I'm reminded of the Son in PR 1.221-26:

                                                . . .  first

By winning words to conquer willing hearts,

And make persuasion do the work of fear;

At least to try, and teach the erring soul,

Not wilfully misdoing, but unware
        225

Misled; the stubborn only to subdue.

Peace,

David

>>> "Carl Bellinger" <bcarlb at comcast.net> 12/20/2010 6:40 PM >>>

Most grateful for the graciousness and common sense, wisdom and care shown in this discussion.

Re: one post per day: A limit of one or two posts per day might be urged as a "guideline," but in many instances, the current discussion is one, to set such a limit as a "rule" might --with some frequency-- cramp things up when they need not be.  -Carl