[Milton-L] One post per day?

Nancy Charlton nbcharlton at comcast.net
Mon Dec 20 14:11:14 EST 2010

My apologies for the infelicitous typos in this post, and thanks
to Dario for the quote that brought it to my attention.  I need
new glasses, a higher-res screen, larger type size, more patient
proofing -- all of the above.  But here's what I intended:

On 12/20/2010 9:48 AM, Nancy Charlton wrote:

> I don't think anyone has noted that Nairba's vituperations may
> be begun

I'm sure I intended "may have begun," whatever it may have been
changed from.

> Don't we try to instill this in students-and reward their
> efforts per their accomplishing it?

What? I used a hyphen for a dash?  I don't do that, and I wish
the distinctions among hyphen and dash were more uniformly
observed. One "-" is a hyphen, two hyphens "--" is a dash, even
if they happen to wrap between two lines.

I'll be darned if I can relate this to Milton, but the only thing
that occurs to me is that we can thank him for trying to
standardize spelling according to rules of scansion and to apply
punctuation with some uniformity beyond that dictated by typesetters.

Nancy Charlton
Ooops! I've violated the 3-a-day rule!