[Milton-L] One post per day?

alan horn alanshorn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 12:56:02 EST 2010

I do not believe this is a case of someone being ignorant of basic
social and scholarly norms. It is clear to me that the individual in
question is in great pain and deserves our sympathy and respect.

Once it became evident that patient factual corrections were being
perceived as personal attacks, it would have been better if others had
recognized the nature of the exchange and resisted the temptation to
respond IN ANY WAY. But that may be too much to ask.

The moderators’ actions were necessary and appear to have been handled
in a sensitive way. If this happens again I hope list members will
realize what is going on and deal with it in the way I have suggested.

Alan