[Milton-L] Re: Oh, he's an undergraduate.

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Mon Dec 20 12:49:45 EST 2010

I like John's suggestion, especially since I often assign lurkdom on this list to undergraduates.  These students sometimes actually post during the semester.  And I've heard from a few old students that they are still lurking away and loving it.

If I may say, I rather think the unusually high emotions we were feeling last week had something to with end of semester exhaustion.

I realize that Miltonists can be nearly as curmudgeonly as Victorianists, but I don't remember a poorly argued paper at Murfreesboro being particularly attacked.  I've always enjoyed my time there.  I hope Julia [Trespassers W]alker will be at the next one. (Any friend of Milne . . . .)

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037