[Milton-L] RE: Recent discussions

Watt, James jwatt at butler.edu
Sun Dec 19 20:45:57 EST 2010

Thank you, Cynthia.  I've been away from my computer for the past
few days. When I came back, I was astonished at the number and
tone of the list traffic. I quickly deleted without reading most of it,
save those posts from people I know and respect. But, on the positive
side, we can say that John Milton would be thrilled to know that his
work could still provoke the kinds of responses we see here. The
agency of his creations in Pandaemonium is always evident in the
vitriolic commentary on radio and television (I don't need to tell
the names here of the leading actors) and it is inevitable that they
would mis read Milton in the ways they do since, in what passes
for their minds, the point of discourse is always to forward their
agenda always remembering that their ends justify their means.

jim watt