[Milton-L] the Immaculate Conception

Hannibal Hamlin hamlin.hannibal at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 11:18:11 EST 2010

Am I remember right that one of the informal protocols of this list,
dependent upon the good manners of subscribers, was that each individual
should confine herself or himself to more or less a posting per day?
Obviously, there should be some flexibility in this, and it's not a "rule"
in the sense that anyone enforces it, but, as I say . . . good manners. The
principle is based, I believe, on the notion that this is a group discussion
board, not a private chat room, face book style, for any individual with an
axe to grind. Mr. Sirrah, you seem to have hijacked this list for your own
soapbox. Even if you think you have something further to say, please don't.
This is not your personal list, and I believe I am not alone in finding your
domination of it irritating.

Hannibal

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM, James Rovira <jamesrovira at gmail.com>wrote:

> Many apologies for my previous post on the immaculate conception.  I read
> my email this morning in order from most recent to oldest.  I should have
> guessed all ground would have been covered by then.
>
> Jim R
>

> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:42 AM, Dennis Danielson <
> danielso at interchange.ubc.ca> wrote:
>
>> OK, so this hasn't much to do with Milton. And perhaps I shouldn't rise to
>> the bait. But Mr. Sirrah's assumptions are apparently false (infuriating,
>> too, but let that pass) on two counts:

Hannibal Hamlin
Associate Professor of English
Editor, Reformation
Organizer, The King James Bible and its Cultural Afterlife
http://kingjamesbible.osu.edu/
The Ohio State University
164 West 17th Ave., 421 Denney Hall
Columbus, OH 43210-1340