[Milton-L] An e-epistle from Dr. Wickenheiser just 1 /2 hour ago

Terrance Lindall tlindall at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 11:41:08 EST 2010

>From Terrance Lindall:
I was delighted and received with humility and yet great pride this message
a short time ago from Dr. Wickenheiser (he turned 68 on the 10th of this
month) after he opened the HUGE box of signed framed Giclee prints of the
Paradise Lost Altarpiece:
https://sites.google.com/site/terrancelindallsparadiselost/home/paradise-lost-project-annual-newsletter

Dear Terrance,

Have no doubt about my pride over your paintings; they are superior and
second to none and will stand the test of time; of that I am absolutely
confident.

I glowed in sharing my pride in the voice message I left for you, but let me
simply reiterate  the general thrust of my message here: Milton has found in
you his most profound artist and illustrator in the late 20th and early 21st
century.  My original feelings have never changed and I couldn't be more
proud to have played a small role with you as Milton's great artist and also
in your great capacity to bring to life the story of Milton's epic.  I say
this more effectively, I am confident, in my Commentary than I do here.

I remain deeply touched  and absolutely convinced that the project is the
right way to go and that many will be touched in ways otherwise new to them.
 You have brought Milton's epic alive in untold ways, and to say this is to
say more than I otherwise ever thought I would say. The project is right and
I remain committed to it and to its message and manner of delivery. Thank
you, thank you, thank you for affording me the opportunity to work with you
in this special way.

With profound humility and heartfelt gratitude, I remain your friend and
ardent admirer,
Bob