[Milton-L] Reading Allowed

Neil Forsyth neil.forsyth at unil.ch
Sat Dec 18 11:31:09 EST 2010

I am happy to be able to report that a group of about 20 people, students and staff, gathered in Zürich last Saturday and spent all day reading Paradise Lost. I know this has become almost a global habit in the last few years, but in this case it is worth remembering that most of the students are non-native speakers of English. At the end those who had stayed the course were all tired, but somehow did not want the experience to be over. Everyone was grateful to Antoinina Bevan Zlatar for organizing the event, and some participants asked if we could do it again next year!

Neil Forsyth
Professor of English
University of Lausanne
Switzerland