[Milton-L] Bloom & Rovira on Xtian narratives

Carl Bellinger bcarlb at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 01:03:43 EST 2010

Sorry Jim. Attempting to escape the tedious style that dogs my keyboard I have flown apparently into mere opacity. I think I should try-&-find [is there a proper spelling of the idiomatic "try and find"?] Bloom's comment in situ before getting back to you on this.
    But in the mean time I would say only that having myself grown up in a bible-centered but also bible-rich [Christian narrative?] community I know what it's like to feel blasted at every turn in this great poem, and to feel that not only the monks deserve to be tattered into rags by the violent crosswind but Milton too.

 Cheers
Carl

  ----- Original Message ----- 'll