[Milton-L] Sheer silliness

Karra Shimabukuro khkshimabukuro at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 15:07:59 EST 2010

Perhaps I am reading the entire situation wrong, but does the assumption
that "Paradise Lost" was meant to be taken as a religious text not seem
silly? Yes, Milton was making a point, and creating an argument. However, to
say that it's heresy or on an equal level with a religious text seems as
ridiculous as saying that Harry Potter is heresy because it features
witchcraft.
Maybe if the conversation had stayed in the realm of LITERARY discussion,
the response would have been what we usually have on this list- an
enlightened examination of Milton's work.

--
Karra Shimabukuro
B.F.A, M.S.Ed., M.A, NBCT