[Milton-L] Re: orthodox doctrine in Milton vs "tasteless" intention

Carol Barton cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 17 13:21:34 EST 2010

Your "interpretive" understanding of language is more revealing of your skills as a philosopher and a logician than perhaps you realise, Mr. Lindall. You have no idea what my academic background is, though I do thank you for the insight into the meaning of "ad hominem." I have no interest in engaging in your game, so I ask only that you and your fellow "artists" respect the community into which you frequently intrude yourselves for reasons that are clearly something other than scholarly (or even "artistic") exchange by having the courtesy to assert something more than subjective and uninformed "opinion"--and that you do so in a manner more recognizably polite. I habitually delete messages bearing your name without reading them, precisely because I have no interest in this kind of exchange.