[Milton-L] Re: "tasteless" Milton (response)

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:49:47 EST 2010

I think you're not fully grasping what you grasp either.  You might want to
consider what your claims sound like to people reading them.  Here's the
main one:

<<But Milton's narrative is not in the Bible even slightly.>>

"Even slightly"?

Milton's PL had an Adam and Eve.  Genesis had an Adam and Eve.  Milton's
Adam and Eve ate a forbidden fruit.  Genesis's Adam and Eve ate a forbidden
fruit.  Milton's PL had a monotheistic deity who created the universe.
 Genesis has a monotheistic deity who created the universe.  I could go on
and on, but it's already getting very silly.

If you mean that many of the details of Milton's narrative are not present
in Scripture, I agree.

If you mean that many of the details of Milton's narrative contradict
Scripture, I think that's possible, but we'd need to discuss them on a case
by case basis.

But "not even slightly"?  That's far too much.