[Milton-L] Re: great point Jeffery

Terrance Lindall tlindall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:31:48 EST 2010

On Free Will From my "Epistemology:

You would have to read the entire tract wherein I argue that "esse est
percipi" is undeniable and also wherein I equate God with Historical Will
(in no way refuting Judaic Christianity), etc. The following may need
further elucidation since it is a snippet. I have argued all of this with a
few excellent philosophers and scientists:

This resolves the contradictions about God granting free will and yet things
going the way they will go. Manifestation of perceptions in the Mind of God
is the key. As philosophers we throw notions of free will and causality out
as the way that humans find "useful or "to hand.' :

So, first there was WILL. It came ex nihilo by the mere act of Will (because
it was a necessity). Will

and nothingness are the same thing. Will and being are the same. They (it)

are the foundations of all that exists. All that exists are perceptions.

First, it is the task of the true philosopher to dwell in the realms of

perfect ideas and closed a priori systems and for some (especially

scientists) to see which systems apply best to our mundane world in helping

us understand it by predicting events. Those become "belief systems" or

theories of the universe. Now, WILL manifests itself in several ways as

categorized by Aristotle in his metaphysics: the potential of the potential,

the actuality of the potential, the actuality of the actual, the actuality

of the potential, etc. Perceptions which totally compose the world in which

we exist are reflections of perfect ideas in the mind of God (WILL). The

realm of Perfect ideas is the same as Plato’s FORMS. Forms can also be

called "possibilities" or "potentials." When I say "energy" it is the

"unified field" of the WILL manifesting itself in the potentialities and

actualities of becoming and being. Potentialities are facets (Leibnitz) in
the great

Crystal (metaphor) a non-relative point of "beginning" which is the Mind of

God (WILL). As potentiality and actuality manifest,  the Will

causes a wave (metaphor) at frequencies which are different for each facet

of the crystal. This is just like the primitive crystal radio set which,

when electricity passes through it, different frequencies of vibration occur

on each different facet of the radio Crystal, except the great Crystal "in

the sky" exists in the realms of pure concept or perfect ideas which is the

greater reality. It is a closed system which can be described

mathematically. When the will or "energy" manifests itself in the crystal

through the pure and perfect ideas of potentiality and actuality,

perceptions are manifested. There are an infinite number of possible

perceptions, some of which you are perceiving right now!

Now, about free will ( a perception) or causality ( a perception). They are

"belief" systems (a perception). One may think from what has

been said that WILL causes things or is a "First Mover." A closer

approximation would be that perceptions "manifest in the WILL." We have to

deal with the realms of perfect ideas and closed systems. These systems may

incorporate ideas of free will or causality, but it does not mean they are

manifest in any realm of hierarchy above the realm of perception which are a

lower level of concept than the realm of Will (God) in and of itself. They
are not

a necessary condition of WILL. If we mix together and muddy the realms of
experience of what

we perceive with the realms of pure reason, revelation (Zen) and Perfect

ideas, we will never arrive at any truth with a capital T. Later we can

invent a clearly reasoned closed system to approximate experience of

perceptions and use ideas like "causality,"and this is what happens in

science and mathematics. We can use these to alter the way in which we

change our perceptions of the world (make things happen). Unfortunately we

are not really causing to happen or  "altering" anything. It is merely the
"appearance of

altering" or "causing" which is manifested as perceptions of such in the

WILL. By "altering" our perceptions through science and "raising our levels

of consciousness" of the world manifest around us, we can then do (appear to

do) things like build rocket ships and atomic bombs. But the realm of the

philosophy is the realm of Perfect ideas and closed systems! And there free
will and determinism is irrelevant and a distraction.

Certainly God gave us free will ( a manifestation of perceptions in the Mind
of God) and certainly the outcome was necessary. How could God not know what
MUST happen?