[Milton-L] my new book

Hannibal Hamlin hamlin.hannibal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 16:55:41 EST 2010

Very interesting! Glad to hear about it, Achsah, and I'll definitely add it
to my virtual (if not perhaps my physical) must-read shelf.

Hannibal

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:49 PM, <aguibbor at barnard.edu> wrote:

> I've never done this kind of thing (announcing a publication) but decided
> to the example of some others recently--particularly because OUP did not
> include my recently published book in their add in the MLA Program!
> So...just out is my
>
> "Christian Identity, Jews, and Israel in Seventeenth-century England"
> (Oxford University Press, 2010)--a cultural history of seventeenth-century
> England which assesses the complexity and fluidity of Christian identity
> from the reign of Elizabeth I and the early Stuart kings through the
> English Revolution, and into the Restoration. This book explores the ways
> in which England preoccupied with Jews, Jewish history, and Israel, and
> looked to narratives in the Hebrew Bible, even as reformed Christianity
> was thought to be purged of Jewish elements. Milton figures largely in the
> book, but especially in the final chapter.
>
> Achsah Guibbory

Hannibal Hamlin
Associate Professor of English
Editor, Reformation
Organizer, The King James Bible and its Cultural Afterlife
http://kingjamesbible.osu.edu/
The Ohio State University
164 West 17th Ave., 421 Denney Hall
Columbus, OH 43210-1340