[Milton-L] Biblical Scholarship

Kevin J Donovan kdonovan at mtsu.edu
Tue Aug 24 17:43:00 EDT 2010

Arnold Williams, The Common Expositor (1948), pp. 66-67, cites Pareus,
Calvin, Pererius, and Willett as agreeing in their way of reconciling the
two accounts, interpreting the first as "a summary and anticipation of the
second." He doesn't address the issue of priority nor how the discrepancy
might have been explained (away) by patristic, scholastic, or rabbinic
commentators.

Kevin J. Donovan
Professor and Graduate Program Director
Department of English