[Milton-L] Aristophanes & Hedwig

Ross Leasure trleasure at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:27:08 EDT 2010

Dear List-members,

I apologize if someone else has already posted the following, but in
my perusal of the recent discussion of Aristophanes speech from
Plato's _Symposium_ I had not noticed any mention of the animated
adaption of the story of the "Origin of Love" to be found in John
Cameron Mitchell's fine film, _Hedwig and the Angry Inch_.  See the
link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UGaJBv6YSM&feature=related

I might also recommend Holly Sypniewski's article (_International
Journal of the Classical Tradition_ 15: 558-586) entitled "The Pursuit
of Eros in Plato's _Symposium_ and _Hedwig and the Angry Inch_"
(2008).

--
T. Ross Leasure, Ph.D.
Associate Professor