[Milton-L] Adam's better half

Salwa Khoddam skhoddam at cox.net
Mon Aug 16 17:09:26 EDT 2010

Carrol Cox wrote: "But as I remember, this laughter of the gods [in the
Iliad] is part of the
 clusters of imagery and incidents which established the superiority of
 mortals to gods."
This is a very interesting idea, but where in the Iliad are there examples
of the "laughter of the gods"?  I do agree  that Homer suggests that men are
superior to the gods.
Best regards,
Salwa Khoddam

Salwa Khoddam, Ph.D.