[Milton-L] that prescribed

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 10:30:53 EDT 2010

Maybe the first question is, which sentiment?

The state also of the blessed in Paradise, though never so perfect, is
not therefore left without discipline, whose golden survaying reed
marks out and measures every quarter and circuit of new Jerusalem. Yet
is it not to be conceiv'd that those eternall effluences of sanctity
and love in the glorified Saints should by this meanes be confin'd and
cloy'd with repetition of that which is prescrib'd, but that our
happinesse may orbe it selfe into a thousand vagancies of glory and
delight, and with a kinde of eccentricall equation be as it were an
invariable Planet of joy and felicity, how much lesse can we believe
that God would leave his fraile and feeble, though not lesse beloved
Church here below to the perpetuall stumble of conjecture and
disturbance in this our darke voyage without the card and compasse of
Discipline.

Want to describe what sentiments you see?

Jim R