[Milton-L] Re: Eve seeking temptation

srevard at siue.edu srevard at siue.edu
Thu Sep 10 09:17:26 EDT 2009

I think Milton answers the question most fully in Paradise
Regained 3 when Satan petulantly points out to the Son that
God seeks glory.  The Son replies that God's glory must be
defined as his extending his good to all creatures and that
he requires no more in return that gratitude.  To understand
God this way would be what was required of Eve when Satan
proposes to her that God is a denying and not a giving deity.

Stella Revard