[Milton-L] Re: Eve seeking temptation

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 17:06:18 EDT 2009

'Well, that was exactly what I was asking.

I originally wanted to know if Milton ever gave an answer to the question raised in the temptation scene in which Satan brings Eve to the point of wondering if God is the true God. Milton was implicitly raising the question in his readers' minds, it seemed to me, and I therefore asked others on the Milton List if Milton offers an answer in Paradise Lost.

Jeffery Hodges