[Milton-L] Re: Eve seeking temptation

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 16:23:45 EDT 2009

I didn't think of the 'God' question as simply "rhetorical" if that means that no answer would be offered. I don't actually recall using the term "rhetorical," for that matter, though one could also provide an answer to a rhetorical question. But perhaps you're referring to my recent remark about Milton raising the question as a "devil's advocate"?

At any rate, I'm not a Gnostic, I don't think that Milton was one, and I take it that we now understand each other.

Jeffery Hodges